No products in the cart.
Avanza Capsule Astaxanthin 2 mg
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Astaxanthin is a strong antioxidant indicated to-
- Improves cardiovascular health (Atherosclerosis, reduce cholesterol).
- Improves immune function.
- Improves condition of skin
- Protects skin from damage caused by sun (Reduce wrinkles, pimples and other signs of aging)
- Improves recovery from central nervous system injuries
- Protects from Parkinson ’s disease, Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Protects eyes from cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Reduces inflammation (Arthritis)
- Reduces risk of infertility
Also Astaxnthin effectively reduce oxidative damage to DNA, decrease the risk for many types of cancer and stabilize blood sugar.
Supplements & adjuvant therapy
Astaxanthin acts as an antioxidant by dual mode of action. It suppresses singlet oxygen and also inhibits lipid peroxidation. By these actions it reduces the harmful free radicals. Therefore acts as a very strong antioxidant. Astaxanthin is absorbed by passive diffusion into the intestinal epithelium alongside fatty acids. Then it is incorporated into lipoproteins, transported to the liver, via lymph and blood and partly resecreted with lipoproteins. More than 70% of the Astaxanthin is contained in high density lipoprotein part of plasma. Highest concentration of Astaxanthin is in the small intestine, followed by subcutaneous fat, spleen, liver, heart, kidney and skin and lowest in the muscles.
Dosage & Administration
Adults (18 years and older)- Daily dose is 4 mg. should be taken along with or immediately prior to meals in the morning.
Different dose for various use are given below:
- 2-4 mg: Used as a strong antioxidant, improves cardiovascular health (Atherosclerosis, reduce cholesterol), improves immune function.
- 4-8 mg: Improves condition of skin, protects skin from sun damage (Reduce wrinkles, pimples and other signs of aging), improves recovery from central nervous system injuries and protects eyes from cataracts and macular degeneration.
- 8-12 mg: Reduces inflammation (Arthritis)
- 16 mg: Reduces risk of infertility
Concomitant intake of Astaxanthin with Cholestyramine, Colestipol, Mineral oil, Orlistat may reduce the absorption rate of Astaxanthin
Contraindicated for those with known allergies to Astaxanthin
No severe side effects have been reported yet
Pregnancy & Lactation
Both pregnant women and lactating mothers should avoid Astaxanthin supplements as no data on safety has been found yet
Precautions & Warnings
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should avoid Astaxanthin containing supplements.
No case of overdose has occurred with Astaxanthin
Store in cool and dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children
- No ratings found yet!