No products in the cart.
CITROSOL Oral Solusion 200ml
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
This combination is indicated in following cases:
- To relieve discomfort in urinary tract infections due to decreased pH or acidic urine.
- In preventing kidney stone formation specially caused by uric acid with or without the presence of calcium stones.
- In gout therapy as a valuable adjuvant with uricosuric agents.
- Also effective in correcting acidosis caused by kidney disease.
Prevention of repeated kidney stone formation, Urinary Alkalinizing Agent
Potassium Citrate is absorbed and metabolized to Potassium Bicarbonate, thus acting as a systemic alkalinizer. The effects are essentially those of chlorides before absorption and those of bicarbonates subsequently. Oxidation is virtually complete so that less than 5% of the Potassium Citrate is excreted in the urine unchanged. It alkalinizes the urine without producing a systemic alkalosis in recommended dosage.
Dosage & Administration
This oral Solution should be taken diluted in water according to directions, followed by additional water, if desired. Palatability is enhanced if chilled before taking. Proper dilution may help prevent gastrointestinal injury associated with the oral ingestion of concentrated potassium salt preparations.
To relieve discomfort in UTI:
- Adults and children over 6 years: 10 ml 3 times daily, diluted with 1 glass of water.
- Children 1-6 years: 5 ml 3 times daily, diluted with ½ glass of water.
To prevent kidney stones & acidosis caused by kidney diseases:
- Adults: 10-15 ml 4 times daily (or as directed by the physician) diluted with 1 glass of water.
- Children: 5-10 ml 4 times daily (or as directed by the physician) diluted with ½ glass of water.
In gout therapy (with uricosuric agent):
- Adults: 10-15 ml 4 times daily (or as directed by the physician), diluted with 1 glass of water.
- Children: 5-10 ml 4 times daily (or as directed by the physician), diluted with ½ glass of water.
Some products that may interact with this drug include: antacids that contain aluminum, aspirin and other salicylates (e.g., salsalate), certain blood pressure medications (e.g., ACE inhibitors such as lisinopril, angiotensin blockers such as losartan), drospirenone, eplerenone, certain heart medications (e.g., quinidine, digoxin), lithium, potassium supplements, certain “water pills” (potassium-sparing diuretics such as amiloride, spironolactone, triamterene).
Severe renal impairment with oliguria or azotemia, untreated Addison’s disease, adynamia episodica hereditaria, acute dehydration, heat cramps, anuria, severe myocardial damage, and hyperkalemia from any cause. Known hypersensitivity to any ingredient.
This oral solution is generally well tolerated without any side effects when given in recommended doses to patients with normal renal function and urinary output.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Combination of Potassium Citrate & Citric Acid Monohydrate should not be used during pregnancy unless the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus. It is not known if this drug is found in breast milk or not. Breast-feeding women should consult with their health care provider to confirm about taking this drug.
Precautions & Warnings
Large doses may cause hyperkalemia & alkalosis, especially in the presence of renal disease. Do not exceed recommended dosage. Discontinue use if adverse reaction occurs. Should be used with caution by patients with low urinary output unless under the supervision of a physician. As with all liquids containing a high concentration of potassium, patients should be directed to dilute adequately with water to minimize the possibility of gastrointestinal injury associated with the oral ingestion of concentrated potassium salt preparations; and preferable, to take each dose after meals to avoid saline laxative effect.
Symptom: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and symptoms due to hyperkalaemia and metabolic acidosis. Fluid and electrolyte balance together with ECG should be closely monitored.
Management: Treatment is symptomatic and supportive. Moderate to severe hyperkalaemia is a medical emergency requiring prompt correction.
Store in a dry place protected from light. Keep out of the reach of children.
- No ratings found yet!