No products in the cart.
Happymix 5 Oral Powder, 30’s pack
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
One gram micronutrient powder (in one sachet) contains-
- Vitamin A (Vitamin A Acetate) 0.30 mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 30.00 mg
- Folic Acid 0.16 mg
- Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate) 12.50 mg
- Zinc (as Zinc Gluconate) 5.00 mg
- Non-Medicinal ingredients: Maltodextrin
This micronutrient powder is most suited for all children from the age of 6 months to 24 months. It is also suitable for children under the age of 5. A single sachet of this micronutrient provides the daily dose of 12.5 mg iron as recommended by World Health Organization (WHO) for children of 6-24 months. This micronutrient powder is a home fortification strategy to improve nutritional status of children from 6 months up to 5 years. In 2008, SMC introduced This micronutrient powder containing a blend of micronutrients (iron including vitamin A, vitamin C, Folic Acid and Zinc) in powder form to address iron deficiency anemia in Bangladesh.
Iron, Vitamin & Mineral Combined preparation
- Prevents and treats micronutrient deficiencies and improves overall nutrition status of children (6-24 months)
- Increases brain development and physical growth
- Increases attention to and improves concentration in different activities such as education, games & sports, etc.
- Enhances learning ability and memory functions
- Increases resistance to diseases and reduces infections
- Increases appetite
After 6 months of age one packet of one gram micronutrient powder should be mixed with regular meal of children. This micronutrient powder should be fed by properly mixing with daily grain foods (Rice, Hotchpotch, and Semolina). This can never be mixed with food having extreme temperature (60°C) or more liquid foods. This mixed food have to feed a child within 30 minutes.
- It should not be fed more than one sachet in a day.
- 60 sachets should be fed within 120 days for treating anemia.
- 60 sachets have to feed for each consecutive six months up to 5 years of age.
- In case of missed dose (for 1-2 days), it is to be started from next day.
As per instruction of WHO, clinically critical children who are suffering from severe malnutrition and the inmate children of hospital should not be treated with supplementary iron drops or syrup in the first sever days of treatment. Thereafter, this micronutrient powder may be mixed with their food.
Color of stool may become dark. It happens because of unabsorbed iron being excreted in the stool, which is normal for any iron supplements.
Precautions & Warnings
Do not give more than one sachet of this micronutrient powder to a child per day. Iron-containing supplements should be withheld from severely malnourished children during treatment of electrolyte imbalance (usually during the first seven days of treatment), according to WHO guidelines.
- No ratings found yet!