No products in the cart.
Iromia 200 ml Syrup
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Iron Polymaltose Complex is indicated for the-
- Treatment of latent iron deficiency and iron deficiency anaemia including macrocytic anaemia,nutritional anaemia of infants, anaemia due to excessive haemorrhage and anaemia associated with infections and malignant disease.
- Prevention and treatment of iron deficiency anaemia before, during and after pregnancy and during lactation.
- For prophylactic therapy of iron deficiency to cover the recommended daily dietary allowances (RDA).
Oral Iron preparations
Iron Polymaltose Complex is a polysaccharide-iron complex, which is a novel iron preparation used in the treatment of iron deficiency anaemia. Iron, an essential constituent of the body, is necessary for haemoglobin formation and for the oxidative process of living tissue. This preparation contains non-ionic ferric iron and polymaltose in a stable complex. This facilitates a controlled absorption of the ferric iron when it comes in contact with the mucosal cell surface. Being non-ionic, it does not release any free radicals and thus takes care of all the toxic effects found due to the release of free radicals by the traditional ionized iron salt preparations. It does not interact with the food components and other medications and so, unlike ferrous salts, there is no decrease in bioavailability of Iron Polymaltose Complex. This makes sure that with the consumption of this complex, iron gets utilized at a faster rate in the haemoglobin and myoglobin synthesis.
Dosage & Administration
Dosage and duration of therapy are dependent upon the extent of iron deficiency and should be taken as directed by the physician.
- Adults: 10 ml once or twice daily
- Children (6-12 years): 10 ml daily
- Children (2-6 years): 5 ml daily
- Premature infants & Infants: 3.33 mg of elemental iron/kg body weight.
Disturbances in iron utilization, thalassemia. Hypersensitivity or intolerance to iron and overloading of iron in the body. Anemia not caused by iron deficiency. Hypersensitivity to any ingredient of the formulation.
This preparation is well tolerated. However, a few side effects of oral iron preparations, including nausea, vomiting, constipation or diarrhoea may occur.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Iron Polymaltose Complex is recommended during pregnancy and lactation.
Precautions & Warnings
As with all iron preparations, a dark coloration of the stool may occur which is without clinical significance.
In case of overdosage, initially epigastric pain, diarrhoea and vomiting can occur and may include metabolic acidosis, convulsions and coma after apparent recovery. Should seek emergency medical attention in case of overdose. Initially an emetic should be given and then gastric lavage and general supportive measures should be employed.
Keep in a cool & dry place away from light and moisture. Keep out of the reach of children.
- No ratings found yet!