No products in the cart.
Joytrip 150 mg Chewable Tablet, 50’s pack
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Hyoscine Hydrobromide tablets are used for the fast and effective prevention and control of travel sickness. Travel sickness happens when the brain receives mixed messages. Visual messages from the eyes inform the brain that the immediate surroundings are stationary, but a delicate balancing organ in the ear tells the brain that you are moving.This conflicting information triggers the nausea we associate with travel sickness.
Hyoscine hydrobromide temporarily reduces the effect of movement on the balance organs of the inner ear and the nerves responsible for nausea. Because Hyoscine Hydrobromide tablets melt in the mouth, absorption into the bloodstream is very rapid and they can be taken up to 20-30 minutes before travelling or at the onset of sickness.
Hyoscine competitively blocks muscarinic receptors and has central and peripheral actions. It relaxes smooth muscle and reduces gastric and intestinal motility.
Dosage & Administration
- Adult & Children over 12 years: 300 mcg 30 minutes before journey, then 300 mcg 6 hourly if needed. Maximum 3 doses in 24 hour
- Children 4-12 years: 150 mcg 30 mins before journey. Maximum 300 mcg in 24 hours
- Children 3-4 years: ½ tab (75 mcg) 30 mins before journey. Maximum 150 mcg in 24 hours
Additive sedative effects with alcohol or other CNS depressants. Reduced effects with acetylcholinesterase inhibitors (donepezil, galantamine, rivastigmine, tacrine).
Do not take Hyoscine Hydrobromide tablets if you:
- Are allergic (hypersensitive) to hyoscine hydrobromide or any of the other ingredients in the tablets
- Have any of the following conditions: Glaucoma, Blockage of intestines (Paralytic ileus), Narrowing of stomach outlet (Pyloric stenosis), Myasthenia gravis, Enlarged prostate gland
Like all medicines, Hyoscine Hydrobromide tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some people have experienced blurred vision, dilated pupils, dry mouth, drowsiness and dizziness. You may also experience an increased body temperature due to decreased sweating
Pregnancy & Lactation
Do not take Hyoscine hydrobromide tablets if you are pregnant or breast-feeding unless recommended by your doctor or midwife.
Precautions & Warnings
Hepatic/renal disease, pyloric stenosis, urinary retention, prostatic hyperplasia, psychosis, seizure disorders, ulcerative colitis, coronary artery disease, tachyarrhythmias, heart failure, hypertension. Elderly, children, pregnancy, lactation
Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Do not store above 25°C.This product should be stored in the original carton
- No ratings found yet!