No products in the cart.
Span Tablet, 100’s pack
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
Drotaverine 40 mg
Spastic conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, irritable bowel syndrome-
- Biliary colics and spastic conditions of the biliary tract: Cholecystolithiasis, cholecystitis, cholangitis.
- Renal colics and spastic conditions of the urogenital tract: Nephrolithiasis, ureterolithiasis, pyelitis, cystitis.
- Spastic conditions of the uterus: Dysmenorrhea, imminent abortion, uterine tetanus.
Drotaverine has antispasmodic effect mediated via inhibition of phosphodiesterase-IV, specific for smooth muscle. It has a rapid and direct action on the smooth muscle. It acts to correct cyclic AMP and Ca imbalance at the spastic site, thereby relieving smooth muscle spasm and pain.
Dosage & Administration
- Adults: 1 to 2 tablets, 3 times daily
- Children (over 6 years): 1/2 to 1 tablet, 1-2 times daily.
- Children (1-6 years): 1/4 to 1/2 tablet, 1-2 times daily.
- Adults: 1 to 2 ampoules, intramuscularly or subcutaneously, 1-3 times daily.
- For the management of acute stone colics: 1 or 2 ampoules by slow intravenous injection.
May attenuate the action of levodopa. Concurrent use of analgesics, antimuscarinics or benzodiazepines. Additive beneficial effect with concurrent use of analgesics, antimuscarinics or benzodiazepines.
Drotaverine is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the products and its constituents.
The common side effects are headache, dizziness, rhinitis, sinusitis, gastrointestinal upset, nausea, pharyngitis, edema and fatigue.
Pregnancy & Lactation
As with most drugs, the use of Drotaverine Hydrochloride should be avoided during pregnancy and lactation unless essential.
Precautions & Warnings
Caution should be taken for patients suffering from liver and kidney disease.
- No ratings found yet!